Thursday 27 June 2013

George Cheeky Tint! Lip and Cheek Tint


This is one of the summer products I've read a lot about and have been dying to get my hands on, cheeky tint! From George at Asda. Never have I heard such glowing reviews for such a budget make-up brand and, I'll admit, I was shocked. George make-up isn't a new discovery for me and it conjured up long forgotten memories of cheap gloopy nail varnish and eyeshadow clearly marketed at children. Having said that, when I stumbled across the tint (finally!) in store , I was pleasantly surprised, it seems George might just be becoming a company to be reckoned with.



The bottles aren't dissimilar to benefit's trademark posie tint and benetint, wide and short rather than tall and thin. In fact, at first glance they resemble nail polish bottles, which isn't displeasing to the eye, especially with George's new branding and the bottles being a nice mix of transparent, metallic and solid colour. Finding myself stuck between pink blossom (a much softer pink suited to my skin tone) and rose (a much deeper red that appealed to the daring side of me) I ended up buying both, but given that I only paid £3.50 for 8ml of each, it didn't exactly break the bank. However I probably could have bought just one as, although they look completely different when first put onto the skin, the blended results are pretty similar (the picture of my lips above has rose on the bottom lip and pink blossom on the top to demonstrate).

Although the results are pretty much the same, I can see how people could quickly develop a favourite between the two, the products are alike in colour alone. Rose goes on dark red and watery, with a distinct soapy smell and taste , whereas pink blossom is bright pink, much creamier and tastes almost like watermelon. It's mainly a preference choice, but I have to say I'm a bigger fan of rose. 

Both colours give a delicate flush if applied as just one layer, I would imagine you could build them up if you have the time and inclination , but I would expect it to take a fair few layers given that two looks essentially no different to just one. As expected from a stain , it does settle uncomfortably into lip lines but I've found a quick layer of Carmex or any similar lip balm levels it out nicely. I'd suggest applying a bit with the built in brushes and then use a blusher brush or a lipstick brush to blend it, otherwise you end up with stained fingers for the rest of the day.

Overall I have to say I'm really impressed , and in my eyes although the colours provided by benefit are stronger, cheeky tint ! Will definitely be replacing benetint in my make up bag for daily use, and at just £3.50 a pop, why not !

Sammy xo


0 comments:

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com