Tuesday 25 June 2013

Rimmel Wake Me Up Foundation


So, in my constantly ongoing battle to find the perfect foundation, I recently purchased the Rimmel Wake Me Up Foundation. After reading and watching lots of people give it excellent reviews I thought it was worth trying it out myself. I have normal/combination skin with some dryness on my forehead and am very conscious of colour patches, meaning a good foundation is paramount to how I feel about myself. So I went out and bought the wake me up foundation from boots, for £8.99, in the lightest shade.
The packaging of this product is really nice. It comes in a glass bottle, making it feel much more expensive than it actually is. The bright orange lid is particularly eye catching, which I am also a fan of. However, the glass bottle does make it difficult to tell how much of the foundation you have left. Most days I don't use a lot of foundation, and this one hasn't lasted me as long as other high street brands. It has medium coverage but is definitely buildable. I often use a small amount on problem areas just to even out my skin tone, almost like a tinted moisturiser, and this works nicely. Alternatively when applying all over the face, I find that the foundation covers blemishes really well, and stays put all day. It has a natural looking, dewey finish and the tiny flecks of shimmer do give you a glowing look. I also really like that it has an SPF of 15, as we are going into the summer months this is important to me (look after your skin in the sun guys!)

The main problem I have with this foundation, is that the lightest shade is too orange toned for my skin, which is a real shame because I like everything else about. Yes, I am pale, but not really any more than the average non fake tanning English teenager. Therefore I think it's a bit rubbish that Rimmel don't cater for my skin tone. The range of colours to choose from was very limited. The pump allows you to dispense just the right amount out of the bottle, and it has a really lovely, fresh cucumber smell.
To sum up, I liked this foundation. The coverage is good, and can be build up depending on personal preference. It can be applied with fingers or a brush and is really easy to blend. The finish does have that "wake me up" effect that it claims, but I wouldn't recommend it for oily skin. Yes, it is suitable for sensitive skin, and it does smell lovely. For the price, I think it was a good buy. But due to the mismatch of colours I will not be repurchasing.
If you're reading this, thanks! And I hope it helps if you're thinking of buying this foundation.
B xxo

0 comments:

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com