Monday 24 June 2013

Barbara Daly Soufflé Foundation




I’ll be the first to admit, me and foundation have a long running love/hate relationship. As a girl very rarely seen in public without foundation, I consider it a necessity and yet I’m still struggling to find a foundation I’m willing to have a long term relationship with. Having said that, I’m currently using Barbara Daly Souffle Foundation in “Soft Linen” (£7.25 for 20ml) and I’m fairly pleased with the results.

The packaging is fairly basic, a clear plastic pot allowing you to see the colour and a black lid bearing the product name and the Barbara Daly symbol, but makes it look slightly more upmarket than other products of a similar price. For the amount you get, the foundation is pretty fairly priced, around the same price as similar soufflé foundations that I’ve tried (and abandoned) in the past. A 20ml pot can last me around 6 weeks, and given that I often get more than one pot in one go thanks to tempting Tesco 3-for-2 offers, for under £15 I can usually get around 4 months worth of foundation.

The coverage of the foundation is good, though can quickly look thick if I'm slightly too heavy handed . However, it looks soft and natural for the most part , with a light matte finish with the slightest of coverings, even for someone with oily skin like me, however, the make up does catch awkwardly on dry patches of skin . The make-up has a soft feel to it and has a flawless look without the need of concealer if applied with the fingers (in my experience, application with a brush leaves unsightly lines throughout) but as waitress , running up and down the stairs and… ahem… perspiration is part of my everyday job so one important factor for me is how well the make-up lasts. I know, I know, I could just use primer but, I’ll be honest, I always forget to buy it when I’m searching for make-up essentials, and so I like a foundation that lasts well without the need for it. This does, for the most part, although often even if I haven’t been in work I find it’s rubbed off my forehead and my nose by the end of the day if I don’t find the time to top it up. It’s not the end of the world, but it is a niggly problem I find I have with this foundation that I haven’t encountered with others.

One of my biggest issues with this foundation (and most other foundations) is skin match. As a girl who is horrendously pale but with pinkish undertones, I find it really difficult to find matches with my skin, which I still think is weird given that I assume it's fairly common. However, I do find that soft linen isn’t too bad, but is perhaps slightly more orangey than I might like, and I have to admit I find this with a fair few other Barbara Daly products.

Overall, I feel like I’m not appalled by this foundation, but it’s not a love affair of any kind. It’s a foundation of fair quality that lasts fairly well,  but no doubt it will be forgotten by the end of the year and replaced by something new (although admittedly that might just be down to a personality trait!)

Sammy xo

0 comments:

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com