Wednesday 26 June 2013

Waitrose Baby Bottom Butter


For those of you that missed the craze a few years ago, Baby Bottom Butter is a cream formulated by and sold in Waitrose. Although as the name suggests, it was originally formulated as a sort of barrier cream for nappy rash (not unlike sudocrem), it quickly strayed into the realm of being a must have face product. Being swept up in the craze (which is so unlike me...) I bought a couple of pots when I took a trip to see my brother in Newcastle, and then promptly left them gathering dust in the back of my wardrobe for the next couple of months. 


  When I finally got around to trying the cream, it quickly escalated into being one of my favourite beauty essentials. The texture of the cream is really odd, but not necessarily in a bad way. It doesn't come out smooth but instead more like some primers that I've used in the past, slightly thicker than other creams that I've used, and not as glossy. This does mean that you barely need to use any each time though, making the £2.89 for 125ml price tag more than reasonable (read: bargain). One tub can literally last months, even if you're applying it twice a day like I sometimes do. Although I have used it for most parts of my body, I've found that even when my hands are completely chapped in the middle of winter the cream can take a while to absorb and it does leave greasy finger marks wherever I put my hands, having said that it does work perfectly for a sort of intense relief if you smother your hands in it and then wear cotton gloves to bed, and it does make the skin smooth as , well... a baby's bottom. 
 
Although I have used it on my legs and arms, I tend to stick to my face with this cream, and I stand by it being one of the only products in my make-up bag that I'm truly loyal to. I was worried about putting this on my face, I'll admit, being that I have fairly oily skin, but I found that it works perfectly as long as I use as little as possible whilst still covering my entire face. Even better, it makes the perfect primer! I've found the tiniest layer underneath my foundation can keep my make-up in place perfectly even when I'm at work for the day, plus I've also found you can use it in the place of cold cream (if you're that way inclined) to take off your make-up at the end of the day (although be careful not to get it in your eyes because it really stings.)
The packaging is very simple, as you would expect from a product intended for mothers, yet very elegantly designed, as you would expect from Waitrose. The clear plastic allows you to see what is left, and the screw on lid makes the packaging seems secure even when travelling with it. All in all, it's the perfect product, exactly the right balance of luxury and affordability. 
 
Plus, last but not least, the cream both smells and looks like vanilla ice cream, hugely addictive! 
 
Sammy xo

0 comments:

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com