Wednesday 4 September 2013

Non Beauty things I have been loving lately

If you come here solely for the beauty posts, this is definitely not one for you. Turn away now and come back another day. I like reading people’s non beauty, lifestyle kind of posts so I thought I’d start doing a few on the off chance that you lot do as well.

The first non beauty thing that I have been loving recently is The Great British Bake-off. This is something that’s been going a few years now, and the new series started a few weeks ago on BBC2. The bake-off is definitely a love/hate thing. As a keen baker myself, I think this is brilliant. It’s really interesting to see how people interpret recipes differently, how their personal preferences effect their styles of baking, and how their skills progress throughout the series. It can also be very funny, and I am loving it being back of a Tuesday night. (Also, eye candy alert in the form of Paul Hollywood, he is yummy).

The second non beauty thing I have been loving lately is actually a re-discovery. If you are a female between the ages of 14 and 25 I’m willing to bet you will think these books are brilliant – The Heather Wells Mysteries. They’re written by Meg Cabbot, of Princess Diaries fame, and quite frankly they are brilliant. I read them over and over again. With titles such as Size 14 is not fat either, and Size 12 and ready to rock, how could you not love them. They follow ex pop sensation Heather Wells in her new job as a New York college residence hall worker, and document the fact that death seems to follow wherever she goes. I won’t give too much away because if you haven’t read them you really should. They aren’t too heavy, are full of laughs and just a really great series. Love them!

Another thing that I’ve really been enjoying lately is going to make me sound like I’m about 80, but I really do not care. I  have a lot of trouble sleeping. I don’t know why, I just do. It either takes me hours of tossing and turning to get to sleep, or I fall asleep straight away and then wake up in the middle of the night. As you can imagine, this is most inconvenient. However, I recently discovered…ovaltine! I know, I know, old lady alert. I’m only 19, I swear. I was reluctant to try this – my Grandma used to drink it for goodness sake. But to be honest, I’m willing to try almost anything for a decent night’s sleep. So I invested in some ovaltine (if you’re from the UK you’ll find it in any supermarket, it isn’t expensive) and gave it ago. I don’t know how it works, all I know is, it works. I’ve been sleeping so much better since I started drinking it before bed. Sam described it as a warm drink that tastes like maltesers and she’s right. You can get a kind that you make with milk, or a kind that you make with water. I have the kind you make with water because I don’t like milk sitting on my stomach right before bed. Honestly, this stuff is amazing. It tastes relaxing and it really has improved my sleep pattern. Magic.

B xxo 

0 comments:

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com