Sunday 1 September 2013

Films I Love

I'm taking a little bit of time out from speaking about beauty today to talk to you about some films that I've watched and love in the last few weeks. I recently swapped from Netflix to Lovefilm because I felt like I'd watched as much as I ever would on Netflix, and so I feel like a whole world has now opened up to me in terms of new films, so here are my top five at the moment (new and old alike).

For those of you that aren't aware, Lovefilm have a Disney collection  which sports such beauties as "Confessions of a Teenage Drama Queen" and "The Emperor's new groove". Nestled between them I managed to find Lady and The Tramp and watched it just because I hadn't in a while.If you haven't watched this since you were a kid, go and find a copy and do it now because it's beautiful (and Lady when she's a puppy is lovely.)

This is a fairly new film and you may have seen the adverts which at the time was just a seemingly mis-put together series of clips that didn't seem to logically link in any way, shape or form. The whole film is a bit like this, but it isn't a bad thing, it's disjointed and confusing, but that's all part of it's charm. Quite hard hitting and hard to decipher, but really worth a watch if you haven't already.

I think I've watched this about five times in the last two weeks. It makes me laugh so much because it really reminds me of me and Bek, but the whole thing is funny, a real cheer up film to sit with a bowl (tub) of ice cream and watch when you're feeling a bit down.

This isn't a Lovefilm film, it's one that's out in the cinema at the moment and I couldn't recommend it more. It's a film that's so clever that it has you rooting for the bad guys, it's all about magic and bank robberies and seemingly impossible tasks. It's a pleasure to watch, clever and manipulative and when I came out I wanted to go back in and watch it all again knowing what I knew now. Seriously, it's Sunday, if you don't have anything planned go down to your nearest Odeon with a mate or your significant other (or go on your own, I do that sometimes and it's perfectly fine and not weird. And you get two arm rests.) and watch this!

So there we go. Not the normal kind of updates we have on here but a couple of films to kill a Sunday with if you're that way inclined!

Let me know what you think of my favourite films, and tell me what yours are at the moment!

Sammy xo

0 comments:

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com