Tuesday 10 September 2013

Life Updates. B. xxo

As most of you know by now (hopefully), I’ve been trying to make it clear that this is by no means just a beauty blog, but has lots of other bits (lifestyle/music/fashion etc) going on as well. So, in keeping with this theme, I thought I’d do a bit of a “lifestyle”, this is what’s going on in my life post.

So I started my new job on the 1st of August, and it’s actually going really well. Just over a month in, I feel pretty settled. A few things are still yet to be sorted, eg if I can keep my desk where it is and what specific duties I should be solely responsible etc. But apart from that, I’m actually loving it. Everyone is really nice, the work I’ve been doing is interesting and I’m sort of sorted into a routine with my days. In general, this part of my life is good.

The other thing that kicked off at the end of July/beginning of August was driving lessons. I’ve been saying that I’d do this since my 17 birthday and for many reasons just hadn’t managed to get round to it. But I was itching to. I’ve always said that I wanted to learn to drive as soon as possible, as I think that for me, it’s just, the right thing. The first instructor that I went with did not suit my learning type at all. In that kind of environment, you have to get along with the person or you’re just going to get nowhere. The instructor that I have now, is really good. The driving is…getting there. My spatial awareness has improved greatly, so that’s something at least! I’m really enjoying my lessons anyway, and hope that it won’t be too long before I’m ready to take my test.

Love and lust and everything of that elk. It’s been 6 whole months since I broke up with my ex. Typing that is crazy. In some ways it feels like it was last week that we were together and in other ways, it feels like a lifetime ago. Us breaking up, for me, was not a difficult decision to make. Actually executing it, was tricky. But I had amazing support in this, and the transition from having a partner of 2 years to being single again was pretty easy. Much easier than I had expected anyway. For quite a long time now, I’ve sort of bounced from relationship to relationship, with varying degrees of seriousness. This 6 months, I haven’t done any of that. I’ve had some time, solely to myself. It’s been really nice. I think I needed to remind myself that I don’t need anybody else, to valid how I feel, about myself. And for having that time and experience, I feel a lot better. Having said that, I am know more than ready to get back in the game. I’m not saying that I need to be in a committed relationship right away, definitely not. But I don’t want to close myself off from any opportunities, be that romance or friendship or whatever. (And if other elements of this could pick up, that would be gr8).

I’m mega keen to get back into photography again, as I kind of fell out of this when I was with my ex. I really miss it. Watch this space!

I’ve also started baking again, and it will soon be time to start my annual Christmas cake. I’m really enjoying trying out new recipes and experimenting with the new baking bits I got for my birthday.

While we’re on the topic of birthdays, I’d like to say a massive thank you to everyone that sent me birthday wishes a few weeks ago – I really appreciate it!

If you’ve read this, thanks. If you’d like to see more or less posts like this, let me know in the comments below. I hope you’re all having a good week. Mwah.

B xxo

0 comments:

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com