Saturday 17 August 2013

Dainty Doll Powder Blush

Recently I stumbled across Dainty Doll powder blush in 001 "Hippy Shake" on fragrance direct. Although it wasn't a colour I'd normally go for (a light, barbie pink) I decided I'd buy it seeing as it was £1.99. When I arrived I have to say, I was excited, but when I opened it... I don't even know where to begin. The packaging is gorgeous, really classic a black compact with the brand name printed in gold across the top. I don't like that underneath Dainty Doll it declares "Nicola Roberts". I'm not saying don't be proud of what you've done by any means, but it just makes me feel like the whole brand is a little less serious than I might like, her name blazoned across the front makes me think of cheap celebrity make up brands in the past (Mary Kate and Ashley, anyone?). I absolutely love that it has a full sized compact mirror insider though, instead of me struggling over a tiny one trying to inconspicuously reapply blusher halfway through my work day.

For those of you who don't know Dainty Doll is a make up brand by Nicola Roberts (as mentioned above) from Girls Aloud. It's specifically targeted at pale skin, although some of their eye shadows and lipsticks are gorgeous and definitely suited to a much wider audience.


I struggled to take, or find, a picture that really does the colour of this blush justice, but I guess this is pretty close. The colour is, in a word, repulsive. It's a pastel fluorescent pink (if you don't think this is possible, you've never seen this blush) and in some lights it literally looks almost violet-ey. I put off using it forever because I couldn't imagine the colour ever suiting me (or anyone). However, I have to say on skin this blends to a really subtle, close to translucent pink with gives almost a shine rather than colour, which is actually really lovely, and will make a nice blush for winter when my natural red cheeks are shining through and need little help. The texture of this is beautiful, it's a really clean powder that goes on with as little fallout as you're going to get from a powder blush and leaves the skin really soft, it feels a lot more luxurious than I had imagined.


I wasn't expecting to like this blush at all, but having given it a fair chance I have to say it really is a lovely colour, definitely more suited to pale skin than tanned and so Nicola Roberts, to give her all the respect due, has done a really good job (some of her other products are to die for too, lipsticks being the top of that list). I've heard a rumour these are getting harder to get hold of so if you see any around, they're definitely worth snapping up.

Sammy xo

0 comments:

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com