Saturday 6 July 2013

Spanish Haul

It seems not even taking me to a foreign country, where they don't sell make-up except in big towns and where I don't speak the language, can stop me from getting some beauty steals! So, here's my Spanish haul.


Lips
Excuse my less-than-blemish-free skin.


I managed to pick up both flormar supermatte lipstick in "202", a creamy orangey coral colour, and Catrice colour infusion lip stain in"Meet Mrs Roosevelt" a gorgeous raspberry coloured lip stain that has some serious staying power (and tastes delicious!)
I paid €3.70 for the flormar lipstick in their sale and €4.49 for the lip stain. As far as I'm aware neither of these brands are available in England (although pretty please inform me if you know otherwise!) but both are definitely worth a gander at if you're off to Europe this Summer, especially at such cheap prices ! 

Eyes and Cheeks



I also managed to snag some eyeshadows, Catrice's "Absolute Nude" Eyeshadow Palette and their limited edition Mountain Baked Siberian Call eyeshadow in "Rose's Wood".
Siberian Call is a gorgeous marbelled eyeshadow, a bronze coloured base with glittery deep brown veins. The swatch is the brown on the bottom left picture. It goes on darker than I'd imagined, but the pigment is good and I can't really complain for €4.29. I don't even have words for how pleased I was to buy the absolute nude palette. It's not unlike a smaller version of MUA'a "Heaven and Earth", you can see my swatches on the top right of the photo collage above. The colours range from a soft peachy nude to a dark brown, all are slightly glimmery (even though some are supposed to be matte), pigmentation isn't great but the whole thing cost me €4.99, so I'm far from disappointed. It also comes with a handy little two sided applicator in case you, say... I don't know... go on holiday and accidentally forget all your make-up brushes.
I also got essence's ballerina backstage blush soufflĂ© in "prima ballerina". It's soft and smooth rather than the mousse I expected but the colour is really sweet, easy to build up and stays put all day. The swatch is the final pinky colour in the bottom left. Again I don't think essence is available in England but if you can find one of these €2.99 blushes, I suggest you stock up.

Nails
Finally, I managed to pick up some gorgeous nail varnishes , all of which I got for €2.


The flormar nail varnishes in "359" and "LS07" are gorgeous, but a lot lighter than I'd imagined, LS07 is a lot more orangey in my swatch than it looks in the bottle and 359 definitely seems more like a top coat than the shimmering white I had expected. The NYC is "Perfect Day", not far from "Park Ave" which you can pick up in England, but I couldn't resist for the price. I fell in love with the colour and it's opaque in two coats.
All swatches are on plain white paper, I wanted to do them on my nails but there was no way I was painting over my acrylic tips!

It's pretty frustrating I can't get these brands at home, particularly Catrice (I can't get over how long lasting their lip stain is) and essence (their blush soufflé is to die for) but these are definitely brands to look out for when you visit Europe.

Not a bad haul considering I spent less than €25!

Sammy xo

0 comments:

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com